Friday, June 18, 2010

Introducing...

So I'm starting a blog. It feels weird thinking that whatever I have to say here is important or interesting enough that people would want to check back on it and read it regularly. I guess that is the challenge I have to live up to.

The reason I felt the need to start this blog is because of discussions with friends in the UVSS Board of Directors, and the sentiment that our perspectives are not being well represented to the student body, but I have decided that I wanted to go beyond that. The focus of my blog will include UVSS issues and student issues in general, but it will also address larger environmental and political issues, as well as other random things that I find interesting.

I will also post a link to a cool and/or interesting site each time I post. Today's site is uvss.ca. This site is your place to find all the info you need about the UVic Student Society and what it does for you. Hopefully this year we can drive more traffic to the site so that students can become more involved with the society.

With these considerations in mind I bring you the thoughts of Rob McDonald. My goal is provide a thoughtful viewpoint to issues that are of concern to me and that I feel are of concern to many others. I will try to update as often as possible, hopefully every day or two. In order to make this work, however, I need help from everyone that reads this. Please offer comments, suggestions, encouragement or criticism. Let me know that this is engaging you in one way or another, and I will do my best to keep you engaged, and hopefully we can all better understand each other in the process. Most of all, please spread the word about this to anyone you think will be interested.

Rob McDonald.

No comments:

Post a Comment